The Cost of Impact
Determining the True Cost of Programs
May 31, 2023, 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Join Steve Zimmerman, Spectrum Nonprofit Services, in this all-in-one financial class for those who develop or work with a program budget.
We're used to talking about how much impact our nonprofit has, but how much does that cost? This interactive session will help you see your organization in a new way as you determine true program cost.
Session Learning Objectives:
1. Determine the true cost and profitability of your programs in real time.
2. Gain understanding of direct and indirect expenses.
3. Learn how to categorize expenses.
4. How to allocate shared costs and administration expenses
5. Use a template to see your organization in a new way and be able to discuss the cost of your impact with potential funders.
- Bring your program budgets to the session or develop it during the day.
- Bring a laptop to the session, if you can. We will have printed copies of a spreadsheet template, but having a laptop will make it easier for you to use the spreadsheet.
Work time is incorporated into the session and Steve will be available to answer your individual questions.
Date/Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Location: D.J. Bordini Center, 5 N. Systems Drive, Appleton
Who Should Attend:
Nonprofit staff and/or board members responsible for developing and understanding program budgets.
Registration Fee: $30 - The registration fee is greatly subsidized thanks to event sponsors. Fee is nonrefundable.
Upon registration, you will be redirected to a secure payment link. Select Nonprofit Training: The Cost of Impact and enter credit card information.
Learn more about Steve:
Steve is a certified public accountant with extensive nonprofit experience and a teaching style that makes learning about nonprofit finances understandable. He is a best-selling author and a sought-after trainer and speaker. He has been a trainer for the Nonprofit Leadership Initiative for nine years, teaching in the Leadership Institute and the Financial Leadership programs. Learn more about Steve here.